Monday, February 21, 2011

How To Get Involved

I'm beginning to get interest in this ministry, which is awesome! I'd love to share with you how you can get involved.

If you would like to help produce the blankets: Great! We are currently doing knit & crocheted blankets. I will provide you with a (very, very simple and customizable) pattern, and if needed, yarn. I would then contact you with the color of blanket needed, and the final size (amount of rows).

If you would like to donate: I'm not going to ask for monetary donations in any way, shape, or form. I don't ever want anyone to feel "fishy" about this ministry. If you would like to donate, we do accept yarn donations. We ask that they be in pastel (baby) colors and of a soft yarn. Baby yarn works, as does brands like "Simply Soft." These blankets are baby blankets, even if they will never hold a baby.

If you would like to be ministered to: Please don't feel rude or odd about asking to receive a blanket. That is what we're here for! I'm trying not to search out blogs and push my ministry on them, I would much rather that they come to me and ask to receive a blanket. If you yourself have not lost a child but would like to nominate someone to receive a blanket, that works too! There are a few questions I would need to know before beginning the blanket, but they're easy and non-intrusive.

If you would like to pray: Pray for our ministry! Pray that we continue to find funds (or yarn donations) to meet the need. Pray that we truly are a blessing to families in need. Pray that we bring hope, or at least comfort to these families. Pray for me, as I pour over each babies story, and pour my tears out onto my keyboard. Pray that our message gets out, and we are able to minister to the ones that are sometimes forgotten because they didn't lose a child, they merely miscarried.

Other ways you can help:

Share our blog! Either on facebook, by putting our "button" on your blog, or by blogging about us. Doesn't have to be anything special, just a note that says we're here. I honestly don't have time (part time working, full time mothering/being a wife, crocheting, and blogging) to search out avenues to advertise by.... so your help here would be a blessing.

I'm hoping to get a navigation bar up at the top soon, and have this be a sticky up there. If you have any comments or suggestions, please, let me know. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Shaina - If you ever need another crocheter, let me know! I crochet all the time and I'd love to help you out. I'd be happy to provide the yarn for anything I make. -Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome for doing this! I've added the button to my blog and I'll do a post soon about your new ministry. This week is already starting off crazy hectic! I'm also praying for you and the project. Again I can't say think you enough!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please, tell us how we can pray for you today! Also, feel free to comment to nominate someone to receive a blanket! Please be sure to leave your email address so we have a way of contacting you!