Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Update!

I sent out 3 blankets today. Ladies (Rachel & Mattie) when you get them, let me know so I can post pictures!

I received two boxes of yarn recently from some sweet ladies! I'll post pictures later tonight!

I bought some wooden crochet hooks, just waiting for them to come in. SUPER excited about this as I think they'll help with some yarn slippage issues.

Do you think we should start a Facebook Page? Do you think it would make it easier for you to share with your friends and family?

I'm interested in branching out and doing blankets for parents who lost a baby due to SIDS or something like that. I want them to be different from the pregnancyloss/miscarriage blankets, but as of right now I'm at a loss of how to do that (and to signify how old the baby was). Maybe I shouldn't worry about showing the age? Any suggestions/comments would be VERY welcome. :)

My sweet girl has a cyst/boil/unknown on her leg....would you pray? She's starting antibiotics tonight, and is already on topical antibiotic.... if it's not better soon they're talking about lancing it... and...um... that scares me a LOT. So if you could, please send some healing prayers our way.

Also.... I would love to include some Bible verses in my notes with the blankets, any suggestions? I know it's pitiful that I'm asking this... but I have 95 irons in the fire and 2 arms to get them out.

5 comments:

  1. This verse really ministered to me after my m/c... "And I declared that the dead, who had already died, are happier than the living, who are still alive. But better than both is he who has not yet been, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun." ~ Ecclesiastes 4:2-3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you have already thought of this one...

    from Psalm 139

    13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
    14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
    15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
    16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a FB would be a great idea! And I like the verse Melissa suggested.

    Praying her leg gets better so that they can avoid lancing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you could have something similar for the SIDS/infant loss area of the ministry where you have a base and then add rows. I'm not sure how you would add the rows. Whether by days, weeks, or months. Maybe it would just depend on each baby. If a baby lived for 7 days it could be 7 rows or if they lived 13 weeks it could be 13 rows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a FB page- you definitely need to do that! I really like Melissa's verse- it fits perfectly!

    I think for the SIDS?Infant Loss babies Holly makes a good point. I might vary based on the baby.

    I think if it was a neonatal loss then days might be good- I know a awesome mommy who would love one of these blankets and her little guy was in the NICU for less than 1 month before they lost him.

    But if it were a baby that lived several months I think it would be good to go by weeks or you would have one huge blanket. So for 4.5 months (another one of my really good friends) 18 additional rows.

    This is one of my favorite verses:

    I will turn their mourning into gladness;
    I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
    ~Jeremiah 31:13

    Your blanket definitely gives me comfort- I have moved it out of Aiden's room and into the bed with me. Every night I sleep with it and when I have a hard time I hold it closer. Nygel even reaches out and puts his hand on it sometimes while he's sleeping......definitely comfort.

    Thank you again for what you are doing!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please, tell us how we can pray for you today! Also, feel free to comment to nominate someone to receive a blanket! Please be sure to leave your email address so we have a way of contacting you!